We are happy to announce the 5th specialised seminar of the International Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM), which will take place on 10-12 June 2015 in Leiden, the Netherlands.
At this seminar, various Metaphor Lab members will present their work:
– Britta Brugman & Kiki Renardel de Lavalette will give a posterpresentation about their Hyperbole Identification Procedure.
– Gudrun Reijnierse & Tina Krennmayr will give a workshop “MIP(VU) in translation”.
The seminar will be hosted by the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL).
- Jean Boase-Beier, University of East Anglia (UK)
- Christina Schäffner, Aston University (UK)
- Dimitri Psurtsev, Moscow State Linguistic University (Russia)
Metaphors in/and/of Translation
The theme of the 2015 seminar is “Metaphors in/and/of Translation”. The goal of the seminar is to advance the study of metaphor (and other forms of figurative language) through the analysis of metaphors in and of translation.
For more information, see the RaAM website.